Saturday, July 7, 2012

Aww Hail...

Has it really been so long since I last posted? Wow!! At any rate...



So here in our area of Northeast Ohio, we had some really bad hail the night of July 4th. Luckily(I think), we were gone when the storm blew through, but came home for the aftermath. Things looked bad at night, but were even worse in the light.
The backs and left sides of the houses on our side of the street absorbed hits, while the fronts of the houses across the street took hits. Of course for the last three days we have had a litany of storm chasing contractors ringing our doorbell and hanging literature on our door.
We have a contractor coming out Monday to look things over. It's one who does 90% of Ryan Homes in this area(but didn't do our community). They have all the spec materials on hand...siding, gutters/downspouts, and roofing.
So once he looks things over, he will be back on Wednesday when the field adjuster shows up so they can go over the house together. It's an adjustor from the company we got through the buying process, so I guess we will see how good they are. To me it looks like the entire rear will need resided, some of the left side, gutters and downspouts, but I'm not sure on the roof.
A lot of our A/C unit fins got smashed, so I'm not sure how that will work.
Above all else, I wonder how these repairs will affect our Ryan Home warranty?

4 comments:

  1. Ouch! I hope getting things repaired is a smooth process!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh tat looks bad!... I think you should contact Ryan home first and find out if they would cover all this in the warranty! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sucks! What an annoyance. Thank goodness it wasn't something worse.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Over in Ravenna, we didn't have any damage other than a few limbs down from trees. I hope it's not a hassle getting that fixed!

    ReplyDelete