Having looked at numerous Venice models to see what flooring looked good, and taking ideas from the Ryan e-community we headed into our flooring meeting having a pretty good idea of what we wanted.
We had a price for flooring worked into our original sales figure so we knew as long as we didn't go over that, we were good to go.
The sales rep was very good in taking the time to answer our questions and letting us place combination after combination together to see how they looked.
The one must-have that we got was to upgrade the carpet pad. We didn't go up too high a number hopefully that choice doesn't end up costing us in the long run.
Here are our choices.
- In all bathrooms, powder rooms, and laundry room we choose the "Canyon Creek" tile. While it was an upgrade from the base level, it was what all the models we toured had in them, and we grew to like it.
- Baseline carpet in the finished basement, family room and upstairs. "Thornwood" style.
- 6 lb. carpet pad throughout, except in finished basement. Maybe we will get lucky and they will bring a big roll of 6 lb padding and do the whole place!
- Laminate flooring in the foyer, kitchen, morning room. "Native Cherry"
- Railings stained in "Traditional Cherry".
- Counter tops in "Butter Rum Granite" Formica.
Here is what it looks like all together.
Next up...color choices for the house, and final upgrade options.