Thursday, November 10, 2011

Lots O' Stuff

Well today found the following going on at our house.

  • The roofers were out and finished up their end of things.
  • The concrete people came out and took the wood off where they poured.
  • Our garage door was installed.
  • The HVAC guy was out and put in the furnace and did some more duct work.
I received an email from our Guardian rep last night and he asked me to call him today.  I thought it was about the change I had contacted him about on Tuesday.  I had inquired about eliminating one of the cable jacks in the Family Room and changing it to a data plug on the other wall plate in the Family Room.  We had chose the "6 Pack Wall Outlet" option, and I couldn't figure out where to put the last plug, so we just added another in the Family Room.

But since we are current AT&T U-Verse subscribers and will have that installed at our new home, they are deploying wireless set-top boxes(and I am sure all the other carriers will follow suit eventually), and even though I am not going to be an early adopter of that technology, I figure by the time we want to change the family room around the lack of a jack on the other wall won't be an issue.

Anyway, his call wasn't about that, but he wanted to meet me at the house to go over where everything was going to be.  Because as it turns out, they are coming out tomorrow to do their wiring.

Once I was done there, I came home and in the mail was an envelope from Ryan, and inside was the dates for our Pre-Settlement Demonstration, and our Settlement Date.  Both of which are scheduled for December 29th.  We have our Settlement at 9am, our Pre-Settlement Demo at 1PM(backwards I know), and then we go BACK out to where we did our Settlement to get our keys!!

Now I just have to get that Pre-Drywall Inspection out of the way so I can lock our rate in and see how much $$$ we have to bring to the table.

3 comments:

  1. That is great progress. Sounds like you are right about the same spot as us. Boy I wish our settlement was the 29th like you - the day after my birthday! I guess we'll find out next week what our date will be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll get to ring in the new year in your new place! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the awesome settlement date! We are close to the same spot as you. Ours is set for 12/22. :)

    ReplyDelete